Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I'M CAUGHT UP!

I finally got my two quilt holders over so I could take a picture of my latest large quilt. 
Some time in the past, I used Electric Quilt to draw this design, and called it Celestial Magic.  I can't remember where I saw the quilt, when, who the designer was, so I extend my apologies to all.  I often see a quilt and make a drawing of it in my software, so I can play with colour, switch blocks and easily re-size.

I made a receiving blanket for our next extended family member, using the tutorial from Missouri Star.  It makes a lovely, two layer flannel blanket!     


It is completely stitched by machine, which makes it a quick gift.
I used a serpentine stitch on my machine to topstitch the layers together.  I couldn't resist the cute fabric, and found the monkey print for the back and edge, that mimics the little money with the umbrella in the main fabric.












I went out to my sewing room to work on the sashing and borders for an applique project, and I hunted, but couldn't find the background fabric.  I didn't want to waste my stitching time, so I pulled this cute panel out of my bin, along with the backing flannel, and the fabric for the binding.  I pieced the batting, pin-basted, and had fun quilting this cute project.
When DH returned home, he discovered the bolt of fabric in our bedroom closet, tucked in behind the clothing.  I remember stashing it there when we were having overnight guests, and I was trying to tidy up the spare room!  Now back to the applique project!


1 comment:

  1. Susan - This design is by Jan Douglas Designs (https://www.jandouglasdesign.com/shop/c/p/Celestial-Magic-Pattern-x8908443.htm). I saw it on the Robert Kaufman Fabrics pattern page. I liked it so much I bought the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.