Sunday, January 7, 2018

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week 0 yards
Fabric used year to date 0 yards
Fabric added this week 25 yards
Fabric added year to date 25 yards
Net used 2018  -25 yards 

This is the first time I've started the year in a minus situation!  I only report fabric as used when I complete a project - otherwise I have difficulty remembering what has been reported already!
My guild is always looking for printed panels to make baby quilts - but want them 36" x width of fabric.  Most of the manufacturers have switched to 24" x WoF, and coordinating fabric is required to complete a project.  I shopped online at Marshall Dry Goods, and ordered 25 different panels.  These will be on my stash report until I return home in the spring, and hand some of them over to our community quilts coordinator!
I've been working on an applique project, but nothing to report so far.  
I am also doing a demo of clamshells for my southern quilting group, and have been busy cutting pieces , using an assortment of leftover charm squares (5 inch).  I have stitched two together, and with much pinning, have machine stitched one to the bottom curve.  Next I'm going to try the "English paper pieced method", turning the top edge over a paper template, and then top stitching the shell in place by machine.  Either way is very time consuming!
I'm linking up with quiltpaintcreate to share my weekly report.

2 comments:

  1. I like the hand work and always have at least one project going. I've never tried EPP though. Good luck, and thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it won't be long before you will be in the black. We'll be watching.lool

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.