Thursday, May 18, 2017

MACHINE QUILTING

I attended my guild's community quilts work day last week.  There was a stack of quilt tops waiting for quilting, as usual.  We found backings, and pin-basted 8 quilts of varying sizes, as well as sewing labels on quilts ready to be distributed, sorted donation fabric, checked the binding that someone had made and donated as well.  I brought 4 quilts of varying sizes home with me to finish.
 
The first quilt was made from a small, square panel, and had multiple borders added.  I quilted swirls in one half of each square, and a stylized flower in the other half.
The blue fabric at the top of the picture was part of the centre, and there were 4 more borders added.  I had fun stitching a different motif in each border, and used variegated thread on the final border.
The second quilt I've been working on had "stack n slash" nine patch blocks, made from bright colourful kid's prints.  I looped back and forth, changing direction in each square. 
I stitched green leaves in the sashing between the blocks.  There is still one more border to quilt on this quilt before I start on number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.