Tuesday, March 21, 2017

MY LATEST FINISH

I finally talked DH into being a quilt holder, so I could get a picture.  He's been so busy lately - 6 band performances in the past week.  They've been visiting all the local nursing homes before the band members begin heading to their northern homes for the summer.

The block pattern was ladder star, from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville, in her "Addicted to Scraps" column in Quiltmaker magazine.  I used the leftover half square triangle units, along with some 4-patch blocks, for the border.


I did basic quilting in the blocks, and had fun making swirls in the neutral borders.  I used a variegated King Tut thread from Superior, colour #921 Cleopatra  
It had Variegated Colors:LIME-RED-ORANGE-AQUA-PURPLE, which coordinated with the Egyptian fabric I used on the back and binding.



You can see a bit of the backing showing in this picture. 

My quilting group, along with several other volunteers from my southern community will be making pillowcases for Cases for Smiles tomorrow.  I got my serger out, oiled it, put in new needles, cleaned out all the lint, so I'll be ready to sew from 11-4.

Now off to pack up all my supplies......

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.