Sunday, March 12, 2017

A SMALL QUILT DISPLAY


Last Sunday, our southern community had their annual Variety of Talents night.  In the past, it was purely a performance show, with singers, dancers, musicians etc.  This year the idea was to show other talents.  My quilting group was asked to set up a display, along with the Swedish weaving group, the wood carvers and both of the painting groups.  
The attendees were able to look at all the displays before the concert began.  My friend and I took the opportunity to share our love of quilting, let people know just what the group does, and advertise our annual pillowcase sewing day.

Of course, I forgot my camera, but a friend took a few pictures of the quilting display.  We placed chairs on top of a row of tables, and draped them with some larger quilts.  We also had smaller projects on tables in front, including runners, bags, pillowcases, etc.
It was fun to see some of the projects that we made this year, as well as a few from previous years.
A few people were disappointed to find out that nothing was for sale!  Unfortunately, I know what people are willing to pay for a quilt!  They don't know how much fabric costs, and want the labour for free.  Most of the people in my group quilt for family, friends and donate quilts to many different charities.



1 comment:

  1. It's so true about people having no clue about a quilt's value. :) Your display looks great - good idea with the chairs up there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.