Sunday, January 22, 2017

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  0 yards
Fabric added this week  12 yards
Fabric added year to date 12 yards
Net used 2017  -12 yards

 Most of my purchases this week were backing fabrics.
Now I just have to find time to get them pin-basted.  They are all pressed and starched ready to go, and the binding is prepared as well.

My group wanted to work on a "row quilt" this winter.  I hunted through my files to find one that I liked and that could be made from scraps!  Back in 2012, Lori Holt offered a "row along" on her blog, a Bee in my Bonnet.  I had saved all the instructions for future use.  I've been busy sewing a row or two each day, enjoying the challenge of using my scraps before cutting into new fabric.  The pattern has 13 rows, consisting of 7 wider rows and 6 narrower rows.  





Since I wanted to use more scraps, I decided to change the final borders.  I hunted through my favourite resource - 60 Pieced Quilt Borders - Mix & Match by Judy Laquidara, and decided on border option #35.
I was able to dig into my 1 1/2 inch strips to make these cute 3 inch blocks.  All the neutrals in the quilt are cut from leftover strips, or from small pieces of fabric that have been in my stash for a long time.



Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.