Saturday, December 31, 2016

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017

DH and I have had a great year.  Our family is happy, and we've enjoyed our time with our first grandson, watching him grow and explore.  We are fortunate to be healthy, and happy.

My goal again this year is to use more of my stash!  I've been making quilt tops from my pre-cut strips.  I have bins of 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" strips, along with 2" and 5" squares.  I have completed 3 tops already, using 5" squares and 1 1/2 inch strips.
My latest is spinning spools, all made from 1 1/2 inch strips.  I'm currently working on another top made from strips - this one needed width of fabric strips in lights and darks, and my 1 1/2 " bin has almost no full width strips left!  Now I have to plan projects to use up all the short ends!

My southern quilt group starts our winter project this Wednesday.  They asked for a row quilt, so I found an interesting pattern to share with everyone.  

Hope everyone is looking forward to 2017!  Happy quilting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.