Monday, August 29, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Nothing new to report this week!

We had a house full of company for 5 days - 4 extra adults and a 19 month old whirlwind!  We loved spending time with our grandson, but by the end of the visit we were nearing exhaustion!  We had trips to the playgrounds in the area, as well as an afternoon at the splash pad, playing with lots of water.  We all slept well every night.  DH also played tour guide for some of the time.  We were sad to see them leave.  My DIL is finding their home empty without her sister and nephew in residence.

After they left, I had to deal with the seeming mountain of sheets and towels, and we took advantage of the days to catch up on some sleep.

Wednesday was my guild executive meeting.  We have some new members, and lots to discuss about the upcoming season.  I returned home with items to update on our website.

Friday I finished the final quilt for community quilts.  I only provided binding for the first 3 - the final 2 came with  prepared binding.  Now they have to have labels stitched on each and have a picture taken before they'll be sent to their new homes.

Saturday morning we headed out to another family reunion.  This time it was DH's side of the family.  We all come from his grandmother's side and his great-aunt's family.  Our grandson was introduced to everyone, and was his charming self.  He had a cousin who was almost a year older, so he enjoyed his afternoon, playing in the sandbox and running around the yard.  The cousins who were graciously hosting, raise alpacas, so he got to feed carrots to one of them, and was able to pat both its nose and neck, but the fun ended when he wanted to grab the ears!  I came home with a bag of alpaca yarn to knit into some more items for them.  They especially asked for small shawls and hats and scarf sets.  I'll have to find my patterns, but I'll probably try some new ones this time - I like the variety!

Check out all the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.