Wednesday, May 25, 2016

DESIGN WALL (MONDAY) - WEDNESDAY

Sometimes I wonder where the time goes..... 
 It was Victoria Day weekend in Canada, and we spent a couple of days with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson.  I was busy doing this.....  He is a bit too small to reach the pedals, but he loves to walk and steer.

I have this completed top on my new design wall.  My sewing room is in the basement of our townhouse, and there is a long, narrow hall leading to the room.  I needed a larger design wall, so DH and I put this up.  My other "wall" is an old pin board that we rescued from a garbage pile.
The pinwheels were made from the bonus pieces while making the pieced border for my guild BOM quilt.  The setting triangle were all cut from my 2 1/2 inch strip bin.  The light and dark blues were leftover from the BOM quilt.  I pulled a funky strip for sashing and thought that the black cornerstones helped to pull it all together.  My only difficulty with the design wall, is taking pictures from an extreme angle, but I'll take a full picture once the quilt is completed.
I'll be teaching a workshop on making clothesline coiled baskets all day tomorrow - looking forward to a fun day!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.