Sunday, April 24, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  109.375 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added  year to date  33.75 yards
Net used 2016  75.625 yards
 
 Nothing completed so my numbers are the same.  I do have a quilt top and pieced back waiting in the wings to be basted and quilted, but I'm still working on community quilts.

This is another small quilt top that was pin-basted at the last community quilts work day.  The centre block was an orphan that had been donated by a guild member.  It is a fused applique, and it was stitched using a built-in embroidery stitch on a sewing machine.
The inner green border is quilted with heart shaped leaves and loops - very simple, using a variegated green thread.
The red border has bows connected by ribbons - from The Inbox Jaunt tutorials.
The final wide border was stitched using my favourite hooked feathers, and I also added a frame around both sides.  It was also stitched with variegated green thread.  It is difficult to photograph the quilting, especially in my basement sewing room!

Now I'm off to begin the quilting on quilt 3 of 4 - this one is quite a bit larger than the previous 2 quilts.
Check out the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.
 

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.