Sunday, March 27, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  92.75 yards
Fabric added this week  12 yards
Fabric added year to date 33.75 yards
Net used 2016  59 yards

We took our company to the airport very early Thursday morning.  When we returned home DH had to set up to play for a lunch-time pot luck party, and I started to do laundry.  We went to bed early and slept almost 12 hours!
This week, 2 of my local shops had sales, and I had a gift card for one, so I picked up some fabric to complete a 1 block wonder quilt.  I found the fabric for it a couple of years ago, and once I had the block halves stitched, I had to decide on a layout, so I could get the rest of the fabric for the top.  I'll wait to assemble it until we return north, as I don't have a design wall here.
Yesterday we headed to my favourite shop, and waded our way through all the quilters.  I picked up some background fabrics, several red fat quarters, that I'll use for the half-square triangle blocks needed to complete the top, and a turquoise and gold swirly fabric, "just because".
Today I'm washing fabric, and I have a quilt backing to piece.  We only have 1 1/2 weeks until we'll be heading north again.  I hope to get some quilting completed this week.
We did an inventory of meat remaining in our freezer, and made a meal plan for the rest of our time here.  We stocked up on veggies yesterday, and I have to do some prep on a dish to take to friends' home on Tuesday.  We should come out about even as long as we don't get too many more invitations.......
Check out all the progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. You've done a good job of stash busting this year already. Good luck finishing off your quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work to be at 59 yards already. I haven't tried a OBW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.