Monday, December 7, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I finally had a finish - just a small one!  I had fun quilting this small panel.  I outlined most of the items with monofilament (invisible) thread, then used some shades of variegated green thread to over-stitch the grass, bushes and leaves.  I managed to find enough red strips to make the binding too. I completed hand stitching the binding before bedtime.

Next I began stitching all the straight lines on my braid and 9-patch quilt.  Lots of SITD to help stabilize everything before the fun quilting begins.
I've stitched a flower in the centre 9-patch, and a curly leaf on either side.  I was able to stitch continuously from one end of the panel to the other, which speeds up the work.  I managed to complete 2 of the 3 panels of 9-patch before my back told me to take a break!  I still have to decide what I'm going to stitch in the braid panels and border.....  At least it feels like progress.   Usually I am working on one project, and complete it before starting another.  I hope I can find my way back to my old habits soon.

Check out what others are working on this week at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times and at Love, Laugh Quilt
 

1 comment:

  1. Yea for a finish even just a small one. Now on to a little bigger one, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.