Saturday, December 5, 2015

A LITTLE PROGRESS

DH and I managed to find time this week, to do some pin basting!  Tuesday afternoon we headed to the clubhouse to use the large tables there, and managed to baste both quilts that I had completed since arriving south, along with a small panel for a growth chart for our grandson.
We had our cousins come for a visit from Wednesday to Friday, and we had some friends join in for a ham and scalloped potatoes dinner on Thursday night.
Friday afternoon and Saturday have been spent catching up on my guild's block of the month project.  I had 2 blocks to complete, and then I'll email the pictures to the coordinator, so she knows I'm keeping up!   (This has become a joke between us, and last month she printed the pictures and hung them with the rest of the blocks at "show and tell".
 Now that I am caught up, I'll get my machine set up for machine quilting, and make sure I have lots of bobbins wound.  I'll "warm up" by quilting the panel first, then my scrappy quilt, then the bright coloured hearts quilt.  That should keep me busy this week!  Then I want to get started on my son and daughter-in-law's new "oceany" quilt - king size!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.