Sunday, November 29, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  135 yards
Fabric added this week 0 yards
Fabric added year to date  97.875 yards
Net used 2015  37.125 yards
 
I feel like I've been spinning my tires!  I've been sewing every day, but the call of the lovely weather has other ideas.  We bike ride every day, and lots of our friends have arrived, so we've been catching up on all the summer happenings.  I'm not complaining, but I really would like to finish a quilt before the end of the year!
 
Yesterday I cut two lengths of muslin to back a quilt.  I serged the raw edges and put the fabric in the washer and dryer.  I was shocked to find that the pieces I cut 68 inches long, shrunk in length to 61 1/4 inches!  This is why I always pre-wash all my fabric!  I knew that I had to add some fabric between the two widths of fabric, but now I have to add another strip lengthwise.  I've been using some 9-patch blocks, made from leftovers, so it will blend with the scrappy quilt top.
 
Tomorrow we are heading to Epcot to see the Candlelight Procession - listening to the Christmas songs and hearing the huge choir and the full orchestra is one of our holiday rituals.  It always gets me in the Christmas mood.  We also want to start decorating inside and out.  We'll do what we can on Tuesday, then I'm off to my quilting group on Wednesday, and DH's cousins arrive in time for dinner.  I'll probably wait to decorate the tree until after they leave.  Our house is tiny, and the extra decorations make it feel smaller.......just right for two!
 
Check out others' progress this week at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.