Sunday, September 20, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week 0 yards
Fabric used year to date  134.5 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  63.75 yards
Net used 2015  70.75 yards

I spent most of the past week preparing some appliques for a blue and white wallhanging.  I also spent a day at my guild's community quilt workshop, and have started the quilting on one of the three quilts I brought home.  I have another one being delivered tomorrow!
Today, DH and I headed to Upper Canada Village in the Morrisburg Ontario area.  This weekend was their celebration of an 1860's fall fair!  They had a tent with exhibits, farm animals being shown, entertainment, including a beard contest!  There was also a quilt display, with quilts from 4 or 5 area guilds (mine included).  The had snacks for $0.50 - whole wheat bread, and cheddar cheese made in the village, along with fudge, lemonade, apple cider, etc.
We have visited this living historic site many times over the years, and it was fun to stop in at our favourite places - the schoolhouse, the broom maker, and the tinsmith.  I found out that they have summer camp for kids there in the summer.  They dress in period clothing, and attend school for 1 hour each day, then do chores in their "home" or at their "farm", sleeping in dormitories at night. I think I'll keep this in mind for our grandson in 9 or 10 years!

Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.