Friday, September 11, 2015

FINALLY, ANOTHER FINISH....

It has seemed that I've been getting little quilting done lately, and therefore, I've been posting less and less.  With our lovely grandson living 4 1/2 hours away, and our desire to spend lots of time with him, we've made many trips to visit this summer.  We usually visit for 3-5 days each time, then return home and play catch up, with all the things that need to be done at home.  We love every minute we spend with him and his family, and can see changes with each visit we make.  


Soon we'll be heading south to run away from winter, and we'll have to visit via Skype.  He'll be a whole different child when we return!


I just put the final quilting stitches in another scrap quilt using a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  This one is called "Kiss in the Corner", and uses 2 inch strips and 1 1/2 inch squares, so more fabric was used from my scrap bins!  I even found enough of the same 1 1/2 in strip fabric for the first border as well - it was a fabric purchased as "the rest of the bolt", and was used in many quilts over the years.


The blocks are set on point, and in the first, and each alternate row, I stitched a flower with a spiral centre.  I used Superior Thread "Twist" in a light blue colour for all the quilting in the blocks.
The quilting in the blocks in the alternate rows was simple loops in the yellow squares, radiating around the centre dark square.
The setting triangles were stitched with a simple motif.
I used this bold stripe fabric for the final border.  I changed to a light green Twist thread, and after dividing each border into square areas, I stitched "Squiggle Squares" continuously along each border. 

 Now I'm off to find my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.