Sunday, May 3, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  3.875 yards
Fabric used year to date  89.875 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  62.75 yards
Net used 2015  27.125 yards

I've been AWOL the past couple of weeks.   Life is always busy when we return to our northern home.  We've had 2 trips to our DS2's home (4 1/2 hours away), helping our family build raised beds for a small veggie garden, and reorganizing their shed, garage and under-stairs storage area.  Of course, there was lots of snuggle time with our grandson D.

On the home front, I've been catching up with cleaning and laundry, and getting ready for my guild's quilt show in mid-June.  DH and I look after photographing all the quilts in the show, and producing a CD for sale at the show.  In previous years, we've done all the photography while the quilts are being hung, and as everyone knows, it is difficult to get good pictures, due to placement, lighting, etc.  I've spent a while this week finding and arranging for places to do some of the photography before the quilts have to be handed in on June 2.  After many phone calls, I've finally arranged for 2 daytime and 2 evening sessions.

I've also been adding sleeves and labels to my quilts that will be in the show, and I made 8 more luggage tags for the boutique.

Our next guild meeting is Wednesday, and I'm in charge of the social committee for the month.  The group brings snacks for the break, and provides help during the meeting at registration, show and tell, community quilts, the library, and assisting the guest speaker.  Each group is named after a quilt block, and since May is the Bear Paw group, I made 3 inch blocks in spring flowers for each of the members to wear at the meeting.  Those items account for my fabric usage this week.

Check out the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good numbers. Your tiny bear paw blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.