Sunday, May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

My mother has been gone for almost 20 years, but she is with me every day.  She was one of the most positive people I've ever met, taking on each challenge with a "can - do" attitude.

When I took dancing lessons as a child, she made costumes each year for the annual recital.  She would move her sewing machine upstairs, and take over the dining room.  Dad hung a clothesline to hang all the costumes in progress.  The year the picture was taken, she made 125 costumes in 2 1/2 weeks!

 I'm checking on her progress!  The hats to my left were for toy soldiers, and one was mine.  My mother even took a millinery course to make her own hats, as well as many of the headpieces needed for each recital.  

She is responsible for my lifelong love of sewing and other needlearts. 

When I was eleven, my mother got her first pair of ice skates, and learned to skate.  She even knit our matching sweaters!

She was my best friend, and I miss her every day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.