Tuesday, April 21, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  3.375 yards
Fabric used year to date  86.5 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  62.75 yards
Net used 2015  23.75 yards

I'm a bit late with my report - I was snuggling my new grandson for the past 4 days!

This week I completed one NICU quilt and 2 snap bags.  Now I have to get busy and add the hanging sleeves on all my entries for the upcoming Quilts Kingston 2015 show in June.  I also have to make cloth bags for transport and storage, along with labels on everything......

Our weekend visiting DS2 and his lovely family was fun.  I enjoyed getting acquainted with our 3 month old grandson, D.  On Monday, I stayed home and his Mom and Dad went with DH to run some final errands.  This is the first time my DDIL has been out without D since his birth!

We helped with some gardening and DH installed cabinets in their garage, and moved shelving to better locations for their use.  They also built 2 raised beds for veggie gardening.  Apparently, rabbits are populous in their area, so their new beds are 2 feet high x 4x6 feet in size.  (I'll remember to get pics next visit).  Now they have the fun of filling them.  There are 2 compost bins in their yard, so all of the contents will be placed in the bottom of the bins, then covered with layers of topsoil, peat moss, manure, etc. to make a good gardening mix.  DS2 will be working for a while on that task! 

 The last frost date in our area isn't until May 24th, so we hope to make another trip before then to help with more gardening.  There were little green sprouts showing in most of the flower beds, so it will be interesting to see what is already there.....  I have lots of iris and daylilys that need to be divided, so I'm sure we'll find some places to share them.  They are planning to start small, so if they only get one garden bed completed in time to plant, they can work on the second for next year.

Check out all the shared reports at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.