Monday, April 13, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My sewing room is almost back to normal, and I just had to sew today.  Recently, my guild's Community Quilts group received a request from the NICU unit at our local hospital, for some premie quilts 24 inches square.  I had taken 2 old 1/2 yard panels south a couple of years ago, and wasn't inspired, but when I was putting fabric away, inspiration hit!  Each panel had a small wallhanging piece and 2 parts to make a tiny pillow.  This will be my first NICU quilt - after adding sashing and borders, and I'll use the stripe for binding.  More to come.....

Also, while I was putting things away, I found some leftover block units from a winter project, and stitched them together to make 4 blocks.  I'll be using these to make small "snap bags".




Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.