Saturday, January 24, 2015

SECOND BORDER ADDED

I'm pleased with the flying geese border - it really adds to the quilt top.  I've added the third border - using the wider flowered stripe, but haven't taken a picture yet.

My king batting arrived from Connecting Threads today, so I "booked" DH to help me pin baste quilts tomorrow.  I have my Grand Illusion, the victory garden, shown above, and I've added a baby quilt panel lined up to baste!  I love having an assistant - helps the work go more quickly, so I can get to machine quilting!

DH took me to the quilt show at The Villages today.  They have a huge guild, with 18 chapters and around 1000 members.  They were selling a photo CD at the show, so we only took a couple of pictures.  I looked at all the vendors' wares, but came home empty-handed, although there were several fabrics that were crying to come home in my tote!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your geese really pull the colors from the center area, Susan! Can't wait to see the third border!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.