Monday, November 17, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I can't show you my design wall this week.  I've planned a mystery quilt for my group at our southern home, and I've been testing the instructions, and setting aside demo parts for each week.  I don't want to show any parts, in case some of the members are looking.

I even had a call from one who has not arrived in the neighbourhood yet, asking if she could be the official pattern tester.  She was unsure of her fabric choices, but I told her that she'll have to wait just like the rest!
 I've been stitching away at the braid strip, using it as leader and ender units.  I've decided to stitch it all into one long braid, as I don't know how long it we end up.  I've looked at several braid quilts online, and have some ideas for a future quilt.  Once I get this set of parts made, I have another set, with the lights and darks working in the opposite direction, the result of the pieces being cut from a folder strip of fabric.
Last week at our Wednesday quilt group, I sat and sorted the smaller sized units.  It is amazing how much fabric was stored in a packed shoe box.
My next project is to piece the backing for the rubber ducky quilt.  I washed all the new flannel yesterday, so now I just have to figure out a plan for the back, so off to Electric Quilt software.

Check out the design walls shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.