Friday, September 26, 2014

ON THE NEEDLES

The start of a slipper..... I'm using up all the small balls of yarn, making stripes!
 The slippers on the right are a "desert boot pattern, that takes a button on the ankle cuff.
The orange slippers are from the same pattern that I've started above.  The pattern is from a Patons knitting book of my Mom's from the 1940's.  The book also has a page of "2 needle Mitts" in many sizes....


My latest pair of mitts in the raspberry colour - all the items are knit of hand-spun 70%alpaca 30% merino yarn from our cousins' alpaca herd!

See what others are knitting at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Your slippers and mittens look so warm! They will be appreciated when it gets cold. And nice that you have your own source for alpaca yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the orange slipper, do you think that pattern has been published anywhere recently? I like the idea of flat knitting and then just joining the folded up pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.