Friday, September 19, 2014

ON THE NEEDLES

I finally decided it was time to block the finished items!


The first scarf, made in ecru alpaca/wool yarn is made using the Asherton reversible scarf pattern.










The close-up photo shows the texture provided by the stitch pattern.












 
I love knitting lacy patterns.  This one uses a pattern called Liesel.

The yarn is 100% alpaca, in natural dark brown.








Next is the "Combo Cable Scarf", pattern from Caron yarns.  Stitched with 70% alpaca 30% merino yarn, dyed in a colour called Jade - more of a greenish gray.

This shawlette is made from the pattern "198 yards of Heaven".  Stitched in raspberry 70% alpaca 30% merino yarn.

Lately I've been working on mitts and slippers - popular now the cooler weather is on the way.  We had a light frost on the roofs this morning!


 

1 comment:

  1. All of your finishes are beautiful. I have not knitted a lace pattern yet, but it's on my list of things to try. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.