Monday, August 11, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY


This is the first motif for the floral heart wreath project.  I haven't done an applique project for a while, and this one has been waiting much to long!

I have pulled all the fabrics from my stash, so I can work on it at a leisurely pace, and even take the fabric south to complete the quilt.

I have been preparing the pieces using a "Floriani Stitch N Wash Fusible" stabilizer.  I cut the exact shape from the stabilizer, and iron it onto the back of the fabric.  Then I turn the trimmed edges of the fabric piece, using washable glue stick, and then glue the motif together, where it waits for hand stitching.  I still have a couple of leaves to add to this motif.   You may notice a couple of fabric pokies at the ends of the leaves, but this will get tucked under when the motif is stitched to the background fabric.
 Now that I have begun the project, I'm anxious to start stitching! 

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.