Sunday, June 15, 2014

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  143.25 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  36 yards
Net used 2014   107.25 yards

I don't know where the past two weeks have gone!  Of course, preparing food and attending 2 family reunions does take its toll.
My family met in Brampton ON last weekend, and DH's family met in Tweed yesterday - both were great fun, meeting new family members, including some tiny ones, and getting caught up with everyone, plus the added bonus of 2 wonderful meals with tons of fantastic homemade food!

The cousins who hosted the Tweed reunion, raise alpacas.  The happened to mention that they have difficulty finding knitters to make up small projects using their yarn, so, of course, DH offered my services!  I came home with 9 hanks of wonderful alpaca yarn, so I'll be digging out my knitting needles and spending some time on Ravelry looking for interesting hat, shawl, and other patterns that use single hanks to make!  Now my next applique project will be postponed until the fall - but I don't mind.  I love to keep all the skills my Mother taught me in good practice, and knitting is one I don't often do - I seldom wear shawls, hats, sweaters, as I'm always to warm - I think my personal thermostat is always turned towards the "high" side!

My report is going to continue to have very little progress, (although I do intend to complete my latest paper pieced hexagon project soon), as I brought home 4 more community quilts to machine quilt.  Lots of my guild members donate their time to complete tops, but few enjoy the machine quilting challenge.  I was asked not to sew on the binding, as we do have some members who will do that, and some who love to hand sew the binding down, and add the label.  I think I'm going to be well practiced in machine quilting by the end of the summer!

Head over to Patchwork Times to see how others' stash is shrinking/growing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.