Sunday, May 11, 2014

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  13.875 yards
Fabric used year to date  129.125 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  28.5 yards
Net used 2014  100.625 yards

This week I completed 2 flannel baby quilts, 2 sets of placemats and a "snap bag".

I used the "waste" cut off ends of the strip sets from the table runner that I showed here.   I stitched them into an "X" block, and used them as the main fabric in the bag.  The bag finished 6 x 8 inches.

I decided to quilt different designs in each of the plain triangles.

One side has clamshells and continuous square shapes, and the other has a large half-flower and some swirls.  I made 2 prairie point triangles to use as the pulls to open the bag.
The bag has 2 strips of steel measuring tape in the top to hold it closed.  The top border fabric also forms the lining.

I'm happy that I used the leftovers right away, as I have 2 large containers of leftover blocks, and units that seem to be growing.  Since I've tackled my flannel leftovers, my next goal is to use more of the orphan blocks and units......

Check out everyone's stash report at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.