Thursday, April 24, 2014

SCRAPS AND MORE SCRAPS!

I've been trying to tidy my sewing room, and manage an ever-growing pile of flannel scraps.  I love using flannel on the backs of baby and kids quilts, so I've collected lots of leftovers over the past few years.


This was my first quilt top, using 5 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch strips and cornerstones.  The colour choices were determined by the size of the scraps available.
 This is the second top, made with 2 1/2 inch strips.  I used Bonnie Hunter's scrappy Bargello pattern, but only sewing 3 strip sets, with 23 strips in each.  My pile didn't shrink much, but I'll keep working on it .....

My guild needs more baby quilts for our community quilts program, so I better get them finished soon.

DS2 and wife, and DS1 are arriving tonight for a visit!  I'll be making a pot of chili today, along with some French bread to feed them when they arrive this evening.  They are having clear weather for their drive, so that is always a bonus.  They should arrive around 6pm, depending on the traffic leaving Toronto.  I'm looking forward to lots of hugs - always welcome after a winter spent in the south!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.