Monday, December 9, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I don't have a design wall while I am south, so I use my living-room floor instead.  DH helped me move some of the furniture (we have a small home), and I placed all the blocks for my version of Smith Mountain Morning (Quiltville.com).  I've been making mine in scraps of browns, pinks and white.  I also made it larger than the pattern, making it 8 x 9 blocks.  It was certainly fun seeing them placed in the layout, and seeing the overall pattern emerge, after several weeks of making blocks!  Now I'm in the process of sewing them all together.
Last week I made a set of Christmas coasters and some luggage tags for demo's, so I have to get them completed eventually.  Once I get this top completed, I have to get the new Christmas wall hanging done for the front of our house.  The old one hung outside for over 10 years, but was finally too faded to use.....

We're dog-sitting this week.  Our neighbours are off on a cruise, so Miss Sophie is my quilt assistant for the week.  She comes often enough, that she feels at home with us, but she does listen for the sound of their car or motorcycle!
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. It will be so beautiful! Great work! Hugs from Montreal, QC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Smith Mountain Morning in pinks and browns--so beautiful! That is a great color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.