Monday, December 30, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

This is a disappearing 9-patch quilt.  The group finished the top, made of lots of scrap 5 inch squares, and sewn, cut and pressed by many hands at our last quilt day before Christmas.  I brought it home, made the binding and finished it with simple quilting.  I even completed the binding by machine - not my usual method, but since this will be a baby quilt, and hopefully see many washings, I think it is the most secure way to finish the quilt.
 This is the stack of 4 baby quilts that I'll be finishing.  The bottom of the stack is a panel, and has racoons on flannel for the backing.  The mauve one was shown last week, and the yellow backed quilt has a large star layout.  These two quilts were made from donated stash.  I've done the "stitch in the ditch" quilting on them all, and tomorrow I hope to get all the free motion quilting complete as well.

Check out others' creativity at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.








 

1 comment:

  1. Oh My goodness I love that 9-patch, which is just so colorful! I haven't made a disappearing 9-patch before because I kind of thought the pattern was ho-hum, but You really have made it look bright and fun! The pattern has now been added to my list, so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.