Wednesday, November 20, 2013

FIRST WEDNESDAY QUILTING TODAY

There was a larger than normal turn-out for our first week of quilting, and some even brought their machines!  Most of the time was spent greeting old friends, and getting caught up on everyone's summer happenings, family news, etc.
We did sit down and discuss some plans for the coming season, but as most are fairly experienced quilters, they'll be working on their own projects.  I do have a couple of small projects planned to teach how to use the 45 and 60 degree angle lines on the ruler.  We'll also share some small, gifty items, including luggage tags, mug rugs, mug carriers etc.  Everyone shares what they learned at their guilds and other sewing/quilting groups too.
I hope to be a bit more organized next week - I had to call DH to bring my iron!  I'm still catching up after having company for 2 weeks, and of course, I'm coming down with a cold, including a nasty tickle in the back of my throat.
I returned home to find my DH and his friend practicing their guitars, so I'm being serenaded while I type!  They played for several senior residences over the summer, and have lined up some here in Florida as well.  They enjoy playing, singing and having a good time, and volunteer their time to entertain - a win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.