Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TWO SMALL FINISHES

The first was my Christmas Williamsburg Runner.  I've used this pattern many times, using various special focal fabrics.  It is made with 1 large focal rectangle, 16 half-square triangle units and 4 squares of background fabric.  

 I had fun machine quilting with my new machine!  I stitched diamond cross-hatching in the focal area, using metallic gold "Sliver" mylar thread - lots of glitz! 
 Then I stitched a pointsettia in each of the background corners using metallic red mylar thread.


Last winter, while in Florida, my quilting group  members made lots of these tote bags.  The pattern is "Building Block Bags" by Indygo Junction.  I finally made mine, using lots of my sewing themed fabrics.  It is a large tote, with an 8 1/2 inch square base, and long, over the shoulder straps.  I added a stiffener in the bottom, as suggested, and the bag stands nicely on the floor or table.  The bag is reversible, with more sewing themed fabrics inside.

1 comment:

  1. Great stash numbers. I agree about being in the black with your stash numbers. Wish I was!
    I love your bag. How many squares does it take? Your table runner looks like a quick gift making runner. Maybe I should start thinking Christmas presents to use some of my stash. Thanks for sharing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.