Sunday, August 11, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week 0 yards
Fabric used year to date  147.5 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  47.125 yards
Net used 2013  102.375 yards  

Not much sewing progress this week, BUT, my new sewing machine arrived on Wednesday!  I spent the afternoon playing with all the features.  Since DH made my sewing table, I find it awkward using a machine sitting on a table!  I now have my sewing table altered to fit the larger footprint of my new baby.  At the same time, DH made a large drop-leaf section that I can raise when I am machine quilting.  It is all painted and installed, ready for use tomorrow!
 
I've spent most of today in the kitchen.  I made a large batch of carrot ginger soup.  It has been blended smooth and is now in the refrigerator for tomorrow.  It is one of those recipes that always tastes better the second day.
Then I sat and cleaned and chopped all the yellow beans.  After cooking them, I made the mustard sauce, then simmered the beans in the sauce before canning them in jars - mostly large ones, but a couple of smaller ones to give away.
Now I have an apple crisp baking in the oven.  It will be great with vanilla frozen yoghurt for dessert.  Thank heavens dinner is simple - leftover jambalaya and fresh green beans!
 
Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.