Friday, August 9, 2013

HEXAGON FRIDAY

Having a sore knee provides me with lots of hand sewing time!  I have to limit my trips on the stairs, so once I reach the main floor, my chair with the hexagon project always beckons.

It seems that I forgot to turn my photo when I was editing - oh well.....  I've been placing the top on my living-room carpet, but, even on a dull day, the light from the window tends to wash out the colours.  Now that the model railroad is gone, I've suggested to DH that I use the long hallway as a design wall area.  It will make a much larger space for laying out the blocks for future projects.

I've developed a method while working on this project.  I add the background hexagons while I'm stitching each different unit.  It makes adding them to the quilt a very quick process.
 
The next units are large flowers, with each having 24 of the coloured hexagons, one centre and 6 background hexagons before adding the surrounding units.  Don't think I do nothing but stitch hexagons, as I made these 4 large flower units months ago.  I only added the background hexagons to each!

6 comments:

  1. Susan, your hexie quilt is coming along marvelously. I love it! I'll keep in mind your method for easy connection for my next project. Hope your knee feels better, and thank you for linking to Hexie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! your top is gorgeous. So much work but what a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you are almost finished. This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo the large flowers are nice! I just love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different shapes in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.