Wednesday, August 7, 2013

FINALLY SOME PROGRESS

I finished a pieced backing for the scrappy split 9-patch quilt - all from my stash.  I'm trying to clear out fabrics that have spent too long waiting their turn to be a quilt!

I decided to work on a quick project, so I made another Christmas runner.  I'm not sure where I found the pattern, but have made several of these over the years.
I don't make too many "three fabrics" projects, but this one turns out well every time.  It needs a focal fabric for the centre, then two more for background and contrast.  It looks complex, but is made from 16 half square triangle blocks.  I'm hoping to quilt this on my new machine, that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, (although I haven't had confirmation yet!)

It feels strange to come down the stairs to my sewing room and not pass by the model railway.  There are some large holes in the walls, so we'll be doing some repair and repainting soon.

I received a call from my doctor's office - the earliest I might be able to get my knee repaired is 4-6 months, and that is at a hospital an hour away.  The wait list here is over 1 year.  Some of the larger cities, like Ottawa and Toronto have almost a 2 year wait.  Of course there could be more damage during that time as well.  I guess I'll be making my Disney trips in a wheelchair this winter!  The good thing is that we live in a bungalow in Florida, and at most I have to go up 2 steps, and I have a heated pool to try to exercise.

I guess I'll be busy making quilts this winter as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.