Monday, August 12, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Nothing new on my design wall today.  DH spent the day painting the walls in the staircase and hall area leading to my sewing room.  He also added a fresh coat of white to the baseboards and handrails too.  It looks much fresher, although I hope the paint smell goes away by tomorrow.
I did test my new baby, quilting the lastest Christmas runner, and I managed to get the binding stitched before dinner.  I decided on a Bernina 710.  It has the larger throat with all the bells and whistles.  I will never do machine embroidery, so I decided against the 720 (embroidery ready), and the 730 (full embroidery unit etc.)  I have been learning all the ins and outs of fine-tuning and adjusting the stitches to my liking.  

DH had to remove the shelving for painting, so I spent some time sorting through old books, magazines etc., decided what to keep and what to recycle.  We have been trying to downsize our collections - a difficult task!

Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times to see all the creativity!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be curious to hear how you like your Bernina 710. I bought a 730 with embroidery module about 3 years ago and your opening looks bigger than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.