Sunday, July 21, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week 0 yards
Fabric used year to date  147.5 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  35.5 yards
Net used 2013  114 yards  

No yardage to claim this week, but I have made 58 of the 80 scrappy split 9-patch blocks!   Using blocks that are split diagonally between light and dark are fun to play with.  DH will help with the twisting and turning.  My 2 1/2 inch leftover strip stash is shrinking.  (Most were from leftover binding, which I press flat and save.)

Since this is our least expensive time for electricity, yesterday I baked bread, gingersnap cookies and simmered the turkey carcass to make the broth.  I picked the meat off the bones and refrigerated it overnight, then skimmed off the fat this morning before adding all the veggies and herbs.  I have containers that hold 2 servings, so most of it will end up in the freezer.
 
We woke up this morning to find cool air!  We were fortunate to miss most of the thunderstorms, hail and high winds that took out electricity to many areas, and the high heat and humidity is gone for a day or two, we hope.  DH and I took advantage of the cool air to do some maintenance on our gardens.  Our green bin will be pretty full this week!
 
This morning, I also chopped some onions, and shredded some carrots to add to the green split pea soup that I'm also making today.  I had two ham bones in the freezer, just waiting for their turn to make delicious soup, and since it is cooler today, it is a perfect day for making soup.  I also used a dry rub on some ribs last night and they are waiting in the refrigerator.  I'll make my sauce and put them in the oven for 2 or 3 hours this afternoon.  This will also make several meals that can go in the freezer, after we sample them for dinner tonight.
 
Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.