Monday, July 15, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My sewing room is a mess!  So, to help tidy up, I decided to use my pile of 2 1/2 inch strips to make some split 9-patch blocks.  I've made a quilt from this pattern before, but was reminded of it by Bonnie at Quiltville.  My block is slightly different, as it only has 2 half-square triangle units in each block, and uses a consistant fabric in the centre position of each.
This was also a "no-brainer" idea for my next project!  I'm still contemplating what to make next.... but this will fill in until I decide.

Check out all the creativity at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how your blocks are coming together. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great too! I haven't done a split 9 pacth block before, but this has a nice overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Susan! I love the way your shading is giving extra interest to the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this scrappy look and the design is great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.