Wednesday, June 12, 2013

COMMUNITY QUILTS DAY

Tuesday was community quilts work day for my guild.  Almost a dozen quilters attended, some for the full day, and some only to drop off and pick up!
I went for the morning, as we were having an out-of-town guest in the afternoon.  The goal this time was to finish as many of the older projects as possible.  Three of us tackled a basket of finished quilt tops - finding backing fabric, and often binding to coordinate with each one.  This is challenging, as we work with donations, and although the larger pieces were sorted by colour, there was lots of unfolding and refolding done to find just the "right" piece.  Some of the others were making binding and pressing it, and at least 2 quilts were pin-basted before I left at 1p.m.  There were also 5 sewing machines at work, and a line-up at the iron.  I missed the always delicious pot luck lunch, but I enjoyed getting caught up with our visiting friend!


These are the four projects that I brought home to complete.  Two are finished tops with fabric to fabricate the backing and binding, one is a Christmas wallhanging kit that someone purchased and donated, and the last one is a whole bunch of flannel 3 1/2 inch squares, along with sashing strips and what I hope is the backing fabric.  These should keep me occupied for a while, although it doesn't improve my stash reports, as all I'll be using of my own is thread and batting!!!!  I'll just remember that they will bring comfort and happiness to someone in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.