Sunday, May 26, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week  12.125 yards
Used year to date  111.125 yards
Added this week  0 yards
Added year to date  35.5 yards
Net used 2013  75.625 yards

I love it when my numbers take a jump!  I completed my Christmas Wish quilt this week.  I had planned to finish it in time for the holidays last year, but forgot to pack a few small pieces of Christmas fabric when we headed south last fall!  Since I have decided not to buy any new Christmas fabric until my holiday stash has shrunk, I waited to complete it when we returned north.


This was a busy quilt, so most of the quilting is "in the ditch" with a few curvy lines in the 16-patch blocks.  I quilted a simple continuous line in the final border, and used a striped fabric for the binding.

There were a few small, wholecloth areas for some free form quilting fun!

Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Your numbets are great!!! I'm trying so hard to get my usage up this year, but I've been way too busy quilting others' quilts. I like what I see on your Christmas quilt. Nice quilting too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.