Wednesday, April 3, 2013

FINAL QUILTING DAY

Today was our final quilting day for this season.  Lots of farewells, and questions about when everyone was heading north.  Some of the group stay year round, and others go north to visit family for a month or so, then return home.


These are a few items that were finished this winter.....






There were still lots of projects being finished, and many questions asked before we all said farewell until the fall.  I keep in touch with everyone over the summer, sending interesting website links, etc., and hopefully some plans for quilts for next season.  Many have huge stashes at their northern homes, so like to choose fabric for winter projects.  I usually make up "kits" of projects that I plan to work on, and also make a shopping list of needed "go with" fabrics, so I can shop on the trip south if necessary (and it is always necessary!)

I did the basic quilting on pin-basted quilt #3 yesterday, then added the binding last night.  I'll add more quilting when I return north.  That left only my big "Dusk to Dawn" quilt, so I decided to quilt the borders and add the binding to it as well.  I was on the last round of stitching when I realized that it was time to head to quilting, and it was too hot and humid to continue when I arrived home.  I'll have to complete it tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.