Sunday, March 31, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards

Fabric used year to date  56 yards

Fabric added this week  0 yards

Fabric added year to date  33.25 yards 

Net used 2013  22.75 yards
Still no progress to speak of this week!  This is getting boring......
I did finish the tops for both versions of my quilt guild's BOM for this season.  I have the backing for one, and I made the binding for both.  I even pieced the batting for one from the trimmings from the 4 quilts already pin-basted. 
I spent some time cleaning my Pfaff and then I installed the Juki in my sewing table, oiled, threaded, ready to quilt at least one of the 4 waiting in the wings.  I want to baste one of my guild quilts, but I don't think I have enough pins remaining until I get the basic quilting done on #1 of 4.
I spent some time sorting leftover fabrics, and stashing them in the appropriate container.  I also cut some of my 1 1/2 inch strips into squares so I can prep some 1/2 inch hexagons on the trip north.
We had company this week, went to a friends' home for dinner on Thursday, and an end of season potluck party for the "band" members.  DH had lots of practice  time this past week, and the band, the jam session crew, and even DH and I performed at a patio party, poolside Saturday afternoon from 1-3.  Lots of people came out to listen and enjoy.  It always amazes me that adding a few small activities to the week makes it fly by.
Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to check on all the progress this week. 

3 comments:

  1. It all amazes me just how much time is spent keeping my sewing room tidy. Sounds like you had a great week, filled with a variety of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a busy lady all week, inspite of not doing any sewing. It's always very time intensive when I start picking up and cleaning my sewing areas. They really need it now!! Your numbers are still good -- more out than in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, sometimes life takes precedence even over quilting! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.