Sunday, January 27, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week  2.25 yards
Used year to date  47.75 yards
Added this week  1.5 yards
Added year to date  10 yards
Net used 2013   37.75 yards

I completed another baby quilt to be donated locally.  When my group was making blocks, no one chose to make the half log cabin blocks, and I had claimed the yardage for the 13 blocks I already made, on last week's report, so I'm only reporting 2.75 yards of the fabric that I used to complete the remaining 12 blocks, border, binding and backing to finish the 42 inch square quilt.
I have to add 1.5 yards - DH saw a fabric at the quilt show, and even stood in a long line to have it cut - he knew I'd like it.  Now I have to find a project suitable to use it!
My group was also working on some different blocks - Boxy Stars from Quiltville.com.  Everyone brought in 2 1/2 inch strips and stitched away.  I brought the completed blocks home, added sashing and finished the quilt top.  Using lots of scraps has been an eye-opening experience for some of the quilters.  After trying to coordinate the donations, they have decided that all the quilts are wonderful with all the interesting, funky, uncoordinated fabrics and blocks!  Hopefully they won't be so "matchy" when picking a variety of fabrics for their next project!
   Check out all the stash ups and downs at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Scrap quilts are the best. I like your half log cabin quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and cheerful baby quilt. Great numbers for the year already too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright and fun quilt (my favorite kind). I love those little strips of florals that show up here and there. You've almost used 50 yards of fabric and we are not done with January yet? All I can say is wow! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.