Sunday, December 30, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

It is time for the final stash report for 2012!

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  242.125 yards
Fabric added this week  18.75 yards
Fabric added year to date  176.375 yards
Net used 2012  65.75 yards

 I finally gave in to all the after-Christmas sales.  My favourite local quilt shop, "Quilts on Plum Lane" in Dade City FL had a one day sale on everything in the shop on December 27th.  Five of us headed out early and were among those waiting for the door to be unlocked at 9am.  Everyone in my group had a list, and some had visited a few days before to choose fabric and note its location in the shop.  After an hour or so, several large bags were placed into the back of the vehicle.  I thought that I won, most $ spent, but by the end of the day I was surpassed by another quilter in the group!

I chose this nice paisley 108 inch backing fabric for my version of Judy's "Pick a Pinwheel" quilt.

 I picked up some more orange fabrics - I had few in my stash, and the quilt I'm making for our Godson's birthday needed a few more zinger colours.


These fabrics are for an up-coming project.  The bottom is a neutral from Northcott's Stonehenge line of fabrics.  I still needed a few more fabrics, so after hearing about Judy's shopping spree at the Fat Quarter Shop, I headed over there, and found the rest of the fabrics for this project.  Judy - you're a bad influence - but keep it up!  I'll count those fabrics when they arrive to begin my 2013 stash report.
 
 Dade City is filled with antique and unique gift shops, so after leaving the quilt store we wandered in and out of several, checking out all the beautiful items.  I even found an additional small item to pack into the birthday parcel for my new DIL!  We had lunch at a small cafe/antique shop - awesome homemade soup and delicious sandwiches.  

As we headed back to the car, someone suggested one more stop at the quilt shop, just in case we forgot something the first time.  Of course, everyone left with another parcel, although smaller than the first ones.

By 2pm, we were all back home and everyone had plan to do some sewing upon their return.  I managed to get all my new fabric washed, and even found time to sew a bit on the quilt for my Godson.

Check out Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see everyone's final stash report for 2012.    

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day you had with your friends. Paisleys are a favorite of mine. Your Godson is going to love his quilt.

    Hope 2013 brings you many quilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful fabrics--a great addition to your stash! It will be interesting to see the quilt you make for your Godson.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.