Thursday, October 4, 2012

SEWING ALL AFTERNOON

Judy is sponsoring a Quiltathon, so thought I'd join in!
 
I brought a kit home last night from the community quilts group, so thought I'd get working on that first.  The blocks were all donated from my guild's summer BOM - over 1500 blocks in a variety of colours were donated.  Ann and Brunhild design quilts using the blocks and various donated fabric and pack up quilt kits.  Mine was complete with backing and batting.  Lots of quilters love to piece, but not always complete the quilt.  We have volunteers to machine quilt, sew on the binding and sew on the labels.  I like to finish except for the label.  I managed to get the top completed, and the backing pressed, ready for basting.

I also spent some time sewing on my "Sing a Happy Song" quilt.  I have the centre of the quilt pieced, and the 3 border fabrics prepared and waiting to be added.  Not bad for an afternoon of sewing!

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.