Sunday, August 5, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week  6.5 yards
Used year to date  140.125 yards
Add this week 0 yards
Added year to date   108.875 yards
Net used 2012  31.25 yards

I just finished the binding on my Redwork Fairy Tales quilt, while watching the equestrian jumping in London!  Now I'm trying to decide which project to start next!!!


I added a folded strip between the final border and the binding, as I was using the same fabric for each and though it needed a little accent.

The blocks, featuring dogs as the stars in the fairy tales, are from the Bobby Socks Quilt Co., and were a BOM in 2010, I believe.

Hurray!!! We're getting some rain!!!!  Probably just a shower, but we can use every drop we get.  We've  been trying to plan a short trip, but haven't been able to leave the garden for more than overnight, as it is so dry.  My plants are growing, but slowly.  I'm not looking forward to the next water bill!

Check out everyone's stash progress at Judy's blog here.

2 comments:

  1. I think that little folded strip is just right, Susan! But perhaps you remember how much I like piping next to bindings, so I may be a bit biased. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your accent strip! Did you sew that on separately, or did you stitch it in as you secured the binding? It's perfect for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.