Monday, May 7, 2012

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My design wall still has the half log cabin top on it!  I discovered that I had twisted one of the blocks (along the edge thank heavens!), so I'll have to take it out and place it correctly before I continue on.....
I've been busy quilt my kaleidoscope quilt - still have the borders to figure out, as well as some other small areas.  I am torn between getting it finished, and adding lots more quilting.

My sewing area has been taken up with wedding dress preparations. 

 I decided to make a white stretch lace sweater for the bride in case it is cool.  She had been ill for a long time, and is still a bit delicate.  She calls my son the "penguin" as he loves the cool temperatures, but she is usually bundled in a sweater and a quilt over her lap!


 Here is a sneak preview of the dress and cape.  The dress is white crepe backed satin.  The lace has a silver thread running through the stitching which picks up the light with a little subtle sparkle....

Only 5 more days until the wedding.  DH and I are heading out this morning to hunt for a few last minute items.

Next week I have to get all my items for the quilt show consignment booth labelled and delivered, then hopefully I can get back to a more normal schedule.

Check out what everyone is working on at Judy's blog.....
 

2 comments:

  1. The sneak preview is fabulous. I can't wait to see it!!! I think the last minute running around about drove me over the edge when my daughter got married. Enjoy this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is looking gorgeous. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You may find the details on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.