Tuesday, April 10, 2012

FIRST DAY ON THE ROAD

We had lovely weather for our first day on the road.  We left about 8:30, after going over our check list, and getting the last few items settled in the van.
We took a slight detour in Florida and visited the Suwannee Valley Quilt Shoppe in Trenton FL, just a half hour west of Gainesville. 
What a delight!  I plan to take my Florida quilt group on an outing there next fall or early winter!  There are 3 historic buildings filled with wonderful treasures.  There is a description here!
It was almost noon before we headed north again.  At Macon, we headed northeast along the Antebellum Trail to Athens.  We stopped in several of the times, and toured side streets, enjoying the lovely old homes.  Most were in good repair, but a few needed lots of work.
We are heading to the Georgia state botanical gardens in the morning before heading toward Asheville and points north.
I managed a bit of cross stitch in the car, but I'm ready to work on some applique tonight.  I picked up a package of Clovers' Black Gold applique needles to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.