Monday, April 23, 2012

DESIGN WALL MONDAY


I had not done any quilting since we arrived home!  Too busy unpacking, grocery shopping, working on the wedding dress, catching up on mail, bills, etc.  Saturday was no different!  Baked bread, caught up on the laundry (darn time of use billing!)

Saturday afternoon, I just had to sew something, so I pulled out my overflowing bins of 2 inch strips, and took out everything that was blue or neutral with a small design.  Before I knew it I had 13  blocks completed!

Sunday, we were on the road at 6:45, heading for Kitchener.  We managed to sail through Toronto, and arrived around 10:30.  Had a cup of tea and a fresh baked scone with DS2, then did a fitting on the dress.  I have to take it in in several places (I always err on the large size when altering a pattern)I was worried that I had made the dress too long - I had lengthened the waistline by 1/2 inch, and added 4 inches to the length of the skirt.  I should have trusted my initial measurements, as I'll have enough length for the hem, with just a bit of trimming!  Once the important part was finished, we sat with them both and discussed wedding plans.  They seem to have things well in hand, but we were interested, and offered some suggestions.

Soon it was time to head out, so we called DS1, to let him know we were on our way.  Made it into Toronto in no time, and had a great visit with him and his wife.  She has just finished her courses in editing - she is changing her career field.  She is in the process of looking for some unpaid internships in the field.  They are undergoing renovations of their bathroom by the landlord.  It was supposed to take 1 week, but they just finished the end of week 2, with no end in sight!  DIL works at home, and has to deal with no water etc., each day!  I think they are working on finishing the drywall this week, which will mean tons of dust everywhere, no matter how careful they are.  I'm sure she'll be happy when it is finished.

I have to change hats now - returning from "quilter" to "wedding dress maker".  Check out all the wonderful things on others' design walls at Judy's Patchwork Times!  

4 comments:

  1. Those are great blocks, I like the pattern that they make. Glad you had some time to sew - bills are NO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks and I am in awe of anyone who can sew clothes let along a WED
    DING DRESS!!! Have fun with the wedding planning and sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.