Thursday, March 22, 2012

A DAY OUT

Yesterday, instead of my normal quilting group, we went on an adventure.  We met at 9:15 and headed out with 3 carloads of quilters.  First stop was the Patchwork Pig.  We were the first customers of the day, and most left with a small bag of treasures, although a couple had a big bag!  I was good this time, as I had already picked up 29 yards of fabric.  It is sad to see the shop becoming empty, and they will be closing forever on Saturday - a great loss for the Lakeland area.
The red and white print will be a perfect addition to my redwork collection. 
I found the gold and grey print, with gold accents, and had to pick up some coordinates as well.  I know I don't have many grey fabrics in my stash!  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!

Then we made a quick stop at the Fabric Warehouse in Lakeland.  They have tons of bright coloured fabric, novelty prints, and wonderful coordinates.  Every time I visit, I think there is more fabric!

We finally met up again at Olive Garden, where we had a great lunch, with lots of chat and laughter.  A couple of the "girls"  asked if it was possible to stop at Joanns' after lunch......so off we went.
It was much harder to keep track of everyone at Joann's, but after lots of searching we were ready to head back towards home.
One more stop at the local Tastee Freeze for a soft ice cream cone - I had chocolate of course, and we finally made it back home.
Next week we are back to our normal quilting day - lots of finishing happening, as we only have two more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.